19 Times Roseanne Was The Parent We All Aspire To Be
Dishing out love with a side of sarcasm.
1. When her kids dared to tell her she couldn’t make them do something:
2. When she perfectly expressed the thoughts of every parent of a junior high school-aged daughter:
3. When she felt awesome about herself without feeling the need to prove it to anyone:
Something tells me Roseanne wouldn’t have been a fan of Pinterest.
4. When she stood up for her kids:
5. When she knew just what to say when her kids were all up in her business:
7. When she knew how to shut down her teenager:
Sorry, Becky. Point, set, match to Mom.
8. And, more impressively, when she knew how to shut down Darlene:
9. When she made sure DJ knew early on how amazing she was:
10. And when she made him know she would always be there for him even when he wasn’t crazy about the idea:
11. When her kids pulled that “I wish I were never born” crap:
12. When she had eyes in the back of her head:
Nice try, DJ.
13. When she refused to let her daughter fall prey to gender stereotypes:
14. When she made it clear who was the boss:
Roseanne wasn’t a big fan of the patriarchy.
15. When she dressed her kids in the BEST Halloween costumes:
16. And when she nailed her Halloween costume, too.
Also, shout out to Dan for his A+ costume.
17. When she called bullshit on Thanksgiving prep:
18. When she knew just how to respond to Becky’s request not to embarrass her:
19. And lastly, when despite all of the challenges that come with being a parent, she knew how to let loose and enjoy the ride: