Community Post: 10 Reasons Finn And Jake From “Adventure Time” Are Body Image Role Models
What time is it? Confidence time!
We all know that Finn and Jake are awesomely righteous bros.
But did you know they’re also really great at promoting confidence about body image?
I know! Crazy!
1. Jake thinks you’re perfect just the way you are.
Forget those body issues, just be proud of who you are!
2. And Finn highlights the stuff that actually matters.
Looks fade. But you’re kick-butt personality won’t.
3. It’s OK for you to love your body exactly how it is.
Love yourself, no matter how you look.
4. No one should judge you for how much you eat.
Who doesn’t always have room for ice cream?
5. And sometimes, you really need to indulge.
We all live for cheat days, right?
6. Because we usually get a little too caught up with vanity.
7. It’s OK to not workout sometimes.
We all need a break every once in a while. Recovery days are just as important.
8. Don’t crash diet, no matter what.
Who cares if everyone else is going on some crazy “cleanse?” It doesn’t mean you should too.
9. Only you can prioritize your life, not someone else.
So if you love food more than people, that’s totally OK.
10. Adventurers eat smart. You should too.
Go eat a snack. And take a nap. You deserve it.