FYI, Squidward From “SpongeBob” Isn’t A Squid
You’ve GOT to be squidding me!
1. So if you’re a fan of SpongeBob SquarePants, you’re PROBABLY familiar with his next-door neighbor/co-worker/resident grump of Bikini Bottom, Squidward Tentacles.
2. Seriously, he’s a full-time grump and a part-time mediocre clarinet player/Krusty Krab employee.
3. With a name like Squidward Tentacles, you’ve PROBABLY assumed all these years that Squidward is a squid, right?
4. BUT YOU’RE WRONG. DEAD WRONG.
5. According to series creator Stephen Hillenburg, Squidward is ACTUALLY an octopus, not a squid.
The reason he’s drawn with six tentacles? Because it’s easier to animate!
6. The more you know!!!