“Harry Potter” Star Matthew Lewis Wants To Do A Neville Longbottom Spin-Off
Lewis told Radio Times he’d “jump at the chance” to bring Neville back.
1. Matthew Lewis is currently defusing bombs in BBC Three’s new show Bluestone 42.
2. But the Harry Potter heartthrob told Radio Times that if he’d got the call, he’d love to play Neville Longbottom in his very own film series.
3. Lewis shared with Radio Times:
If it came to it that I was offered that sort of deal — I want to say I’d consider it — but I’d probably jump at the chance, absolutely. I’m not itching, just yet, but I’d absolutely, definitely consider it, and love to be considered for it.
4. Lewis went on to say that he had bumped into Emma Watson recently, and chatting to his co-star made him realise how much he missed Harry Potter.
5. Neville is definitely the most underrated character — he’s incredibly humble, loyal, and arguably the bravest of them all. Remember when Ron said this?
6. By “people”, do you mean the fucking Dark Lord, RON?
7. And remember, there is every possibility that Neville is The Chosen One, not Harry. Here’s Dumbledore explaining the prophecy in The Order of the Phoenix:
âThe odd thing is, Harry,’ he said softly, âthat it may not have meant you at all. Sybil’s prophecy could have applied to two wizard boys, born at the end of July that year, both of whom had parents in the Order of the Phoenix, both sets of parents having narrowly escaped Voldemort three times. One, of course was you. The other was Neville Longbottom.