These 15 Inappropriate Posts Were Listed On Facebook Marketplace Before It Failed
I’m sure we’re all familiar with how sketchy Craigslist’s “for sale” section can be.
This is exactly why many were looking forward to the launch of Facebook Marketplace, where people could buy and sell items in a seemingly safer way. But as with many websites like Etsy, for example, this new app inspired people to sell some seriously bizarre fare.
Drugs, guns, and even babies were listed before Facebook was forced to temporarily shut down the program, claiming that a technical issue prevented the review system from properly flagging inappropriate posts. Oodle and Zuckerberg’s social media powerhouse are currently working on fixing the problem, but while you wait, why not check out some of the crazy stuff it had to offer?
1. I’m really not sure how that would work.
2. A surprising number of people were up for grabs.
3. Facebook Marketplace: where you can buy partially-eaten pizza and souls all in one place.
4. This is so much better than an unopened bottle.
5. That’s pretty cold.
6. I was wondering where I could buy some babies and guns!
7. It’s in mint condition!
8. Baby hedgehog, anyone?
9. Tell me how you really feel.
10. Everyone knows that Facebook is the place to buy birds.
11. Awesome! I’ve been looking for a replacement.
12. Apparently, children are less expensive than kitchens.
13. This is a used menstrual cup. Why?!
14. That won’t get you arrested at all.
15. As if I’m gonna want that now.
At this point, it’s pretty clear that most of these people were just messing around — I hope so, anyway. The alternative is way too strange to accept.